Bike

Bike
637 Days To Go is my blog, which was originally started with exactly 637 days until the start of the London 2012 Paralympic Games. And now it's been re-started with 637 days until the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games.



Thursday, 28 April 2011

Thunder Down Under

Just a quick update. 

I have been training HARD. And the results are starting to show. My weight is down, power is up, fitness reaching new highs and TT times are reaching new lows. I have been testing and using all sorts of new equipment (from bikes to a new leg) and everything is working perfectly.

Tomorrow I am making the VERY long journey to Australia to race in the first Paracylcing World Cup road race and time trial of the year. Vital Olympic qualification points are on offer - and a chance for me to throw down an early season marker on my rivals. Time to see if I've improved since the Road Worlds last summer and if I have a chance of beating any of these guys on the road!

So - with high hopes I will be boarding the plane for the 23 hour flight to Sydney. And in less than a week start my International Road Racing season! When I get back, will have some great updates - reviews of new equipment, my new bike and my new leg!